This question is asked from time to time on Technet forums:
Compatibility in AD between Polish and english
Domain controllers with different OS languages
- Active Directory Sites and Services (ADSS) becomes "Sites et services Active Directory"
- Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC) becomes "Utilisateurs et ordinateurs Active Directory"
- Active Directory Domains and Trusts (ADDT) becomes "Domaines et approbations Active Directory"
On the other hand, some elements retain their English names:
What about some of the common Active Directory commands, repadmin for example?
The output is localized:
Repadmin: running command /showrepl against full DC localhost
DSA Options: IS_GC
Site Options: (none)
DSA object GUID: 75a4a675-5ee2-40c6-b693-718d57461eeb
DSA invocationID: 75a4a675-5ee2-40c6-b693-718d57461eeb
Repadmin : exécution de la commande /showrepl sur le contrôleur de domaine complet localhost
Options DSA : IS_GC
Options de site : (none)
GUID de l'objet DSA : 58d00eef-a083-47a5-9cf7-d854ac13bf79
ID de l'invocation DSA : d6e3c414-ab12-4d71-a3bc-135aba5ac84c
All in all, we can conclude:
- Domain controllers with different language versions can function together.
- Certain Active Directory objects will be replicated with the names in the language of the first server promoted to domain controller status, even on domain controllers using another language.